The Foundation supports programs that provide for basic human needs and promote the development of life skills in an effort to improve the quality of life for Alabama’s individuals and families. Another path towards improving the quality of life in our communities is the stimulation of business growth and entrepreneurship. All of the work we support hinges on the availability and development of leaders who have the vision and capacity to address these challenges.
Alabama has an estimated 400,000 total veterans, representing 8 percent of the state’s population. We believe that, given the sacrifices made by our military personnel, they deserve access to services and opportunities that enable them to lead productive and fulfilling lives.
• Programs that offer an effective approach to job training, readiness and placement
• Programs that encourage and support the growth of entrepreneurship in Alabama
• Community revitalization initiatives
• Projects that meet the needs of Alabama’s veterans
• Leadership programs that demonstrate success in training leaders for the nonprofit, government and business sectors