The Daniel Foundation believes that a quality education provides the basis for individual opportunity and economic vitality. We are committed to supporting and improving education and development for youth in grades pre-K-12, especially children in underserved areas or facing economic disadvantages. In addition, we are interested in supporting:
• The availability of and access to high quality public libraries
• Quality and readily available pre-school opportunities
• Advocacy that promotes bold approaches to Alabama’s public school challenges
• Youth development, including mentoring programs
• Readiness for both higher education and employment opportunities
• Summer learning, with a particular focus on SAIL
We believe that the colleges and universities in Alabama are key economic drivers for the communities in which they exist. They offer important resources to us in achieving our philanthropic goals, and we support them in this partnership role. Grants to universities will be primarily focused on these partnerships and primarily initiated by the Foundation.